Occlusion and working movement
191. DB cusp of the mandibular molars occludes in the central fossa of the maxillary molars
192. Ideal position and height of lingual cusps of mandibular 1st molar accommodates working movement
Mandibular 2nd molar
193. Groove pattern for Mandibular 2nd molar – cross pattern
194. Mandibular 2nd molar- cruciform occlusal pattern.
195. Occlusal view- greatest FL diameter of Mandibular 2nd molar is mesial 1/3rd. (That’s how you tell R from L)
196. Mandibular molars are the only POSTERIOR TEETH that are wider MD than FL
197. Mandibular molars are the only MANDIBULAR TEETH that are wider MD than FL.
198. Crown of the Mandibular 2nd molar inclines to the mesial and lingual.
199. Mandibular molars have long axis of their root apices facial and their crown lingual.
200. Facial surfaces of mandibular molars are located medial to the border of ascending ramus.
Maxillary 3rd molars
201. Single antagonist in ICP
202. Max 3rd molar – molar that most frequently has only 3 cusps.
203. Max 3rd molars from an occlusal view – heart shaped because of missing DL cusps
Mandibular 3rd molars
204. 3rd molars – most variation in crown morphology.
205. 3rd molars – GREATEST distal inclination of any other tooth
206. 3rd mandibular molars has SHORTEST ROOT of any mandibular tooth
207. 3rd molars – GREATEST morphological variation. Maxillary laterals are after that.