Maxillary 1st molar
154. Oblique ridge of Maxillary 1st molar forms the distal boundary of the central fossa
155. Obtuse corners coincide with the direction of the oblique ridge.(Ml/df)
156. Center of the oblique ridge on a maxillary 1st molar is at the same level with the marginal ridge.
157. Oblique ridge connects the ML and DF cusps.
158. ML cusp of Maxillary 1st molar occludes the central fossa of the mandibular molars
159. Maxillary 1st molar has the greatest FL diameter of crown of ALL teeth (think of cusp of carabelli)
160. Maxillary 1st molar closest in size FL vs MD of any MAXILLARY POSTERIOR teeth
161. Maxillary 1st molar has wider M-D width toward the facial than toward the lingual.
162. DL cusp of maxillary molar is the only one that is not part of the molar cusp triangle.
163. ML cusp of the Maxillary 1st molar is its largest and longest cusp.
164. Tooth most likely to be forced into max sinus – Maxillary 1st molar
165. Maxillary 1st molar has a distal concavity that can pose a special problems in matrix placement.
166. Crown of Maxillary 1st molar has a shorter DL groove than the 2nd Molar
Maxillary 2nd molar
167. DL cusp is only one that is not a part of the molar cusp triangle
168. If DL cusp is not preset = 3 cusp type heart shaped.
169. Roots of the Maxillary 2nd molar tend to be less divergent and have greater distal inclinations.
170. Cross sectional outline at the cervical is roughly triangular for the maxillary 2nd molar