Mandibular central incisors
58. Mandibular centrals distinguished by the cervical curvature which is greater on the mesial than distal
59. The mandibular centrals and laterals most frequently have concave areas on mesial and distal root surface
60. Mandibular centrals – SMALLEST crown dimensions of ANY tooth
61. Mandibular central – most symmetrical crown
62. Mandibular central – has sharpest set of incisal angles (Mesial and distal)
63. Mandibular central – Proximal contacts are at same level
64. Mandibular central incisors have proximal contacts at approx. the same levels on mesial and distal
65. Mandibular central incisors have contact points at the same incisocervical level
66. Mandibular central incisors and Maxillary 3rd molars generally occlude with only one opposing tooth.
67. First succedaneous tooth to erupt in the mouth is the Permanent Mandibular central incisors. (no permanent 1st molar- not succedaneous)
68. B and L embrasures may be same size (F>L )
Mandibular lateral incisors
69. Crown of Mandibular lateral incisors tilts distally in relation to long axis (follows arch) DMR can
be seen from mesial
70. M-D width of the Mandibular lateral incisors is wider than the mandibular central incisor
71. Maxillary canine has GREATEST cervical prominence of any ANTERIOR tooth
72. Maxillary canine from a proximal view tends to be positioned with the most nearly vertical axis.
73. Maxillary canine has the GREATEST OVERALL total tooth length
74. Maxillary canine has the longest root of any other tooth (BUT NOT LONGEST CROWN)
75. Maxillary canine has GREATEST F-L crown dimension of any ANTERIOR tooth
76. Maxillary canine – distal contact is centered
77. Maxillary canine is the only tooth that has potential of contacting both anterior and posterior teeth.
78. Maxillary canine cusp tip located facial to lingual axis. Centered or slightly facial, so Lingual is more visible from incisal view.
79. The middle facial lobe of the maxillary canine includes the cusp tip (Opposite to MD canine) So lingual is more visible from incisal view
80. Maxillary canine has a distal bulge – Mesial and DIsta are asymmetric
81. The crown form of canines from a facial view is pentagonal