1. Parulis picture, with xray
2. Description of parulis – tooth w necrosis pulpar
3. Bifid spine shunt – keep intracranial pressure
4. Lesion in tongue
– Erythema migrans – this
– Epulis fissuratum
– Lichen plano
5. Filtration – reduce long wavelength
6. Anaphylaxis, start treatment with the minimum dose OF EPINEPHRINE NOT THE NORMAL DOSE?
– Air trying to pass thru bronchiolus narrowed
9. Crown cementation sequence
10. Try in sequence of crown
11. Color wavelength – Hue
12. 2 weeks after DO restoration. Pain when biting, slight pain when drinking cold drinks. Xray everything was right
13. Journal editor, what to do before published this article?
Ask experts to evaluate
14. Student wants to know new treatments
15. Research index, except
16. Big group of examiners
17. Avoid corrosion?
18. Tin and indium
19. 9 y.o after appointment ask you is it bad that my mommy leaves me alone sometimes in my house?
Idk why you say so?
You have to do everything your mother says
Call children control
20. Apical third fracture everything was all right no symptons nothing and also they do not put in options the splint so:
21. Fallot Tetralogy child with rampant caries, what to do now
– Give pt prior ceftriaxone
– Refere odp
– Refere pedo physician to ask specifically what to do with meds
22. X ray?
A lot of calculus
Non seating crowns
23. Gemination in primary tooth
24. 1 calculation of lidocaine
26. Papillary hyperplasia picture
27. Pink tooth
28. Which one of this resorptions generates dental ankylosis
Internal resorption inflammatory
External resorption infl
Ext Replacement resorption
Int Replacement resorption
29. Thrombocytopenia pt
30. Primary avulsed tooth – leave it out
31. Avulsed central incisor more than 24 h
32. Patient came asap after avulsion- reimplant and then do rct
33. Cambra, 2 years ago was his dental visit, only mesial caries on 14, what risk he has? moderate
34. Major indicator as odp
– Avoid strepto to proliferate
– Avoid children obesity
– Periodontal disease
35. 3 yo kid with high caries risk, what to do
Teach him how to brush and floss
Fluor varnish every 6 months
36. Which ortho movement most probably to do relapse
Translation I choose this cuz they did not put rotation but not sure
37. Gustatory sweating freys syndome
38. Why crown is opaque in middle third
Too much opaque layer
39. Flumazenil 3 times
40. Why BZD is a good anxiolytic
41. BZD action mechanism
42. What does BZD not do?
43. Xerostomia with sjogren syndrome
44. What is the MOA of atropine
45. GMT and hatchet
One of them is curved and the other one is straight not sure
One parallel and the other not
46. Proximal caries
Do them separate (bcz in this case lesions were small, do and mo)
48. Gracey curette one blade (choose the correct that’s all)
49. Supernumerary: initiation
50. 5.5 desmineralization
51. Radioresistance : nerve
52. Secondary prevention
Application of sealants in pigmented fissure
53. Sealants: micromechanical retention
55. First sign of rapport with the patient
56. Rapport: first thing to build with pt
57. Zirconia: teeth attrition
58. Indirect retainer
59. Rest function: support
60. Rest: supports vertical forces
61. Bell’s palsy
62. Antagonist Agonist
63. Which one not antihistaminic
64. ANB angle in class II
65. FGG: degeneration of epithelium
66. Vestibuloplasty of tooth#17 with palate CT, desiccation
67. Incisions to do a flap
Wide in operatory site
Same site of blood supply
Half of one adjacent tooth after
68. Beta blockers MOA
69. CAL here was 4 probing and 2 mm of recession so cal its 6 mm
70. Attached gingiva calculation: 2 mm probing, 3 mm gingival margin to mucogingival juction so its 3-2 so 1
71. Picture of dental die like below, but only one picture was there of dental die placed on
platform, not in hands . in that picture occlusal surface seemes irregular with rough
what will you decide after looking at this die?
– You will not use this to make crown. (really it was a disasta haha)
72. What is depth of retentive clasp arm in undercut
– 0.01 inch
– 0.05 inch
– 0.1 inch
73. What will you not do in full mucoperiosteal graft? Weird options.
– I chose to reflect mucosa from periosteum slowly. But not sure .
74. Candidiasis in patient who has cancer history is due to which therapy?
– Chemo. U SEE IN RADIOTHERAPY
75. Dentist mention injection puncture as pinch to a patient who has needle phobia. What term? – relabeling
76. Most poor patio prognosis ?
class 2 furcation on mesial of 5
78. Clubbing of fingers ?
– cyanotic heart defect
79. What is maximum recommend Lidocaine dose apfunggyimately? ( Nothing with or
without epi or cardiac condition were given) these 4 are options exactly . So weird.
– 4mg/kg 4.4MG/KG IDEALLY
80. What is primary function of IgG?
– bind to antigen
81. Antibiotics preference in children for oral infections?
Amoxicillin was there
82. If you have to extract permanent first maxillary molar in 7yr old child , what
would you do next?
– place space maintener
83. Which movement in ortho has only root movement while incisal region is relative stable?
84. Patient complains their front teeth shows too much in complete denture, free way space is
3mm , what should you do?( Remake was not in option)
– i ncrease VDO
85. When to extract 3rd molar in patient, 43 yr old male ?( 2 que of same
concept) – if bony pathology
– prevent caries on 2 nd molar
– prevent pocket on 2nd molar
86. Treatment of ranula
– citology brush
87. In which direction should we reduce the mandible which is dislocated??
– downward , forward
– downward, backward
– upward , forward
– upward, backward
88. Most common involved tooth in aggressive perio disease?
– permanent incisors and first molars
89. School children of elementary class, having increased rate of interproximal caries. Which will be most helpful?
– f luoride mouthwash
90. How would you do cavity preparation in class 1 composites?
– just remove carious pits and fissures bcz that’s the extension of the caries
91. How to consider patient had acute MI?
– h eart enzymes, chest pain and irregular ECG.
92. Which of the following drug cause constipation??
93. Why would we take inspiration biopsy of bone ?
– to rule out vascular lesion
94. Most common reason to replace existing amalgam or composite restoration is?
– secondary caries
– marginal leakage
95. A composite restoration is most likely to fail in what condition?
– an increment of 2mm is placed
– debris is stuck on the curing tip of the light cure machine.
– when rubber dam is used
96. Best way to determine long term glucose control? GLYCOSYLATED HAEMOGLOBIN.
97. Patient has hba1c 12 , how would you proceed dental treatment?
– refer to physiologist for change in medication.
– continue treatment.
– give OHI.
98. 7yr old kid with terratology of Fallot, allergic to penicillin, how would you premedicate?
99. Apart perio disease, which factor is responsible for gingival recession?
100. Perineural invasion
I chose Adeno CC
101. Risk factor for oral cancer ?
102. What is risk factor for sickle cell anemia pt during surgery??
103. What happens to patient who just stopped long term corticosteroid therapy ? Only logical answer was can’t handle dental stress
104. Reason for hypertension and tachycardia after LA administration? – epinephrine
105. Which hormone is related to increased epinephrine sensitivity? THYROID
106. Which of the following is not antihistaminic? – naloxone was ans.
107. Which medicine does not cause xerostomia? PILOCARPINE
108. Which is not side effect of head and neck radiation ?
– cervical caries
109. In which of the following diseases oral bisphosphonates are not used as treatment?
110. Florid cemental dysplasia x ray
– Down syndrome
112. Silane function?
113. Slowly growing paresthesia of lower lip without any clinically visible lesion, what can diagnosis most likely be? MALIGNANCY
114. Sign of malignancy?
– cortical bone destruction
115. Proximal caries on second molar on x ray shows radiolucency reaching up to
DEJ, when you start caries removal wt you most likely to see??
– axial caries more than seen on x ray
– axial caries less then on xray
116. Crater effect on radiograph ?
117. Macroglossia seen in all except?
– iron deficiency anemia
– downs syndrome
118. Apical boundary of gingival sulcus is formed by which epithelium? JE
119. Chelation is property of which chemical? EDTA
120. Which cyst has high chance to turn in ameloblastoma? DENTIGEROUS CYS T
121. PVS gets affected by which product? – latex
122. If person drinks 1 litre water of 1 ppm fluoride content then how much FL they consume?
123. Best perio prognosis if similar symptoms. – in 25 yr old – in 60 yr old
124. Most Important during child behavior management strategy are reduce anxiety and?
Most closest option for me was to complete their treatment in short period.
125. Which is malignant?
– actinic cheilitis
– white sponge navus
126. Camper plane
Helps determine the oclussal plane
127. Least likely to have 2 canals
– max incisors
– MB root of max first molar
– distal root of Mandi first molar
– Mandi incisors
– 2nd mand premolar
128. Inhibition of angiotensin II?
129. Turner tooth
Infection and trauma
130. Pt on radiotherapy, least likely to be caused by radiotherapy?
Xerostomia bcz is least likely
131. One patient that wants a dental implant on maxillary 1 molar, they show you an Xray asking if she needs a sinus lift- the radiograph was very blurry so I put that she needs it but IDK
132. Status Epilepticus – Diazepam
133. why its better to medicated with penicilin v instead of penicilin g? The options were all similar but i chose
because peni v is more acid stable and has higher bioavailability
134. Bacteria that starts caries process
135. Bacteria associated to caries but does not form it
136. Labial bow and what is it used for?
used because it is easy to remove and adjust
and something else
137. Which of the following instruments would damage or modify the implant attachment
– Ultrasound scaler with plastic tip OR stainless I don’t remember but I think is stainless, so this would be the ans I think
– Curette something
– Another weird instrument
138. What is the treatment plan of alveolar osteitis?
Dressing with medicated gel or paste DO NOT CURETAGGE
139. common reason for replacing amalgam or composite in patients?
140. Cancer gene? P53
141. Which does not inhibit cox pathway
1. Indomethacin (not sure)
142. A px with osteomas and a lot of characteristics of garned syndrome, they ask about what another symptom is missing?
do not give o2
145. Slob rule position of roots from mesial in mx molar ( they ask u about which order u will ses canals from the mesial position)
146. MINIMUM measure of Implant to adjacent tooth 1.5 mm
147. why manteniance in perio pt: avoid relapse of periodontitis
148. Topical antimicrobial: chlrohexidine
149. Decrease value- add comolementary color
150. Intrapulpal: back presurre
151. Dementia: short term memory
152. Needle pinch in?
153. Incisions to remove torus
incision directly in tori fibro mucosa down to bone
incision left sth
incision around the tori
incision back sth
154. Why do you remount?
– Very similar options i dont remember
Ok so you need to know that there are 3 diff type of cases, the first one it’s just the classical chart from part 1 cases, the second one it’s the chart plus an image or a x-ray that’s all and the last one it’s a completely case (images, x rays, chart, odontogram).
My first recommendation it’s to read carefully each word of the question bcz there are a lot of rqs BUT they change one word (except, least likely, mostly, impacts)
Another advice is that DO NOT TRY TO OVERTHINK A QS, if they ask you something u will see it in the image, in the x-ray, or even in the odontogram but u will be able to get to the answer.
Finally is that some images or PA x-rays are no that clear as we think they’ll provide us.. Some PA were small and u cannot maximize the image haha but u can handle it.
Xrays: almost every case has at least 1 x ray.
1. ask about what it that between two central mand incisors (little trauma cyst)
2. xray of an abscess
Vesicle from herpes
Melanocytic nevi (same like this image)
•Know that Alcohol DOES lead to head & neck cancer, while Herpes DOES NOT! (yes, you read that correctly, I got this wrong after checking google myself. I think tis is mentioned somewhere on the Unicorn file so make sure you take note)
• For posterior missing teeth, you only do a 3-unit fixed bridge (or based on the number of teeth missing), NOT a resin-bonded fixed bridge. Resin-bonded is like a Maryland bridge and is only for anterior.
• Give epi to a person on propranolol during injection – what would happen? Increased BP(hypertensive crisis) and anaphylaxis.
• If you have an xray image of a tooth with an amalgam and it has overhang, then that’s due to lack of using a wedge..(I got this wrong b/c I thought it was due to not using a matrix band)
• Know how a small CARIOGENIC class III lesion and a small NON-CARIOGENIC class III lesion should look like on an xray. I was confused because the lesion was so small looked like a little chip…it was barely into the enamel, so I didn’t know if that meant it was caries or not. The question did not say It was a chip or lost filling or anything like that, so I assumed its cariogenic…idk honestly
A question about what is the least complication in extraction of tooth 2 when u only have tooth 2 and tooth 7 in the maxillary
– Damage to adjacent tooth
– Alveolar osteitis
– Sinus compromised
A question about whats the reason of brownish color in some tooths I think ans was caries, due to all information they give u.
If you want to check your answer you can find answers in the attached file.