1) Dentinogenesis imperfecta- X-ray
2) LA with nonselective beta blocker- hypertension and reflexive bradycardia
3) A drug has 50% diffusion at pH=5, What is pKa? Answer 5.
4) Viral load of 100,000 and t-cell count of 100 implies- patient is immunosuppressive?cd4 500-1500
5) Working and non working interference ?
6) Test for open apex tooth cold test Hot test not done as it might affect the pulp, EPT are not done on immature teeth and percussion tests are not preferred as the child cannot appreciate the pain exactly as is already in a tensed and fearful mood. percussion newly erupted tooth Cold test for crown For primary its thermal
7) caries seen on which tooth- it is MAXILLARY MOLAR I had as the other options as premolars
8) contraindication of NO2- COPD
9) Best test to determine irreversible pulpitis- heat test
10) How would you treat NUG with no obvious systemic symptoms- Instrumentation and debridement
11) Space between two implants- 3mm
12) Main cause of alveolar osteitis- dislodged clot or fibrinolysis
13) Pt with folded arms and looking down what do you say?-Hi, what brought you here?
14) What does a one with poor dexterity have difficulty in doing? Floss
15) Where does caries in a class two prep start? Below the proximal contact point
16) A patient has cardiac disease. For to consulting the patient’s physician you need his consult. Which body governs this? HIPPA
17) Which of the following will you not do in initial perio therapy.? Surgical pocket removal.
18) Death due to cardiac arrest in children is mostly because of? Respiratory depression
19) Test for new drugs – randomized clinical trail
20) Modelling technique in pediatric patients
21) Syncope mechanism
22) Black lady with radiolucency in lower anteriors – cement osseous dysplasia
23) Squamous cell carcinoma most frequently seen in – lateral tongue
24) Moveable swelling in floor of the tongue- ranula
25) Malignant carcinoma mostly associated with- mucoepidermoid carcinoma
26) Sialolith mostly seen in – submandibular gland
27) Most untreated caries in permanent teeth- blacks
28) Pregnant lady becomes unconscious what to do? – turn her slightly to left
29) Cleft lip in USA- 1:1000
30) Least effective in cleaning interproximal caries- toothbrush , most effected is floss.
31) Warfarin – INR
32) Most potent bronchodilator- isoproterenol http://www.everydayhealth.com/drugs/isoproterenol
33) Odontoma X-ray
34) Zygomatic process X-ray CT
35) Etiologic factor for periodontitis in pregnant women- plaque
36) Test comparing three different variants- ANOVA
37) When would you give antibiotic prophylaxis- CHD, heart transplant, Artificial Valves, History of Infective endocarditis
38) Rare diseases- case control
39) Referred pain to ear- mandibular molar
40) Pic of median rhomboid glossitis- candida- clotrimazole
41) Internal bevel- MWF
42) External bevel-gingivectomy
43) Periodontal pocket measurement
44) Epithelium of graft is attained form- donor graft
45) Allograft – bone form cadaver
46) C factor
47) Optimal community fluoride- 1 ppm
48) If patient gets 1 liter/1ppm how much fluoride- 1mg
49) Giant cell lesion similar to- hyperparathyroidism
50) Chronic mercury toxicity- blindness.
Acute mercury toxicity- Tremors subacute -hair loss Chronic toxicity- Blindness Treatment- Chelation therapy
51) How to decrease penumbra- decrease object film distance
52) What causes plasma cell gingivitis – flavoring of toothpaste: Plasma cell gingivitis AKA allergic gingivitis AKA plasma cell gingivitis or Idiopathic gingivitis
56) Cohort study
57) Gingival aspect of the pontic touches the alveolar ridge- convex mesiodistally:
58) Advantage of direct and amalgam restorations- ideal contours, strength and best marginal seal.
59) Highest intravascular rate- IAN
60) Mustargen- bone marrow suppression, inhibit folic anti cancerous.
61) Aspirin causes- necrosis of mucosa
62) Radiologic damage is less with-
more oxygen: — more oxygen less damage less oxygen more damage
decrease area of exposure ,
less oxygen., thyroid collar , lead apron.
63) Desquamative gingivitis- mucous membrane pemphigoid + LP, Erthyema multiform.
64) Which condition you should do RCT except- Vertical root fracture
65) Which one is the best prognosis for RCT- mild internal root resorption
66) Cleft palate- class 3 – 4 Classes of Cleft Palate:
1. Class I: involves only the soft palate.
2. Class II: involves the soft and hard palates, but not the alveolar process.
3. Class III: involves the soft and hard palates, and the alveolar process on one side of the premaxilla.
4. Class IV: involves the soft palate and continues through the alveolus on both sides of the premaxilla.
67) Calcification of central incisor completes at what age? 9- 10
68) Reversible pulpitis- 5 sec
69) Irreversible pulpitis
70) Cracked tooth: mand f 1 molar., pain on bite.
A patient complains of tooth pain which is sharp and stabbing when chewing sweet or cold foods. Pain is relieved by warmth and direct pressure. Your diagnosis is
a carious lesion with pulp degeneration.
a carious lesion with pulpal inflammation.
a cracked tooth.
71) Tooth prognosis depends on- attachment loss, success BOP, long term success: plaque
72) Non vital pulp with incomplete apex formation- apexification and CAOH
73) What do you need for periodontium regeneration- Sharpey’s fibers, alveolar bone and cementum
74) Which flap will you do for a complete bone visualization- mucoperiosteal flap
75) When will you fill a teeth – at DEJ
76) What do you call when you don’t have mesial, facial, lingual wall- hemi septum 1wall defect.
77) Which of the following would not improve from antibiotics? Dry socket
78) Plaque index used for? Patient motivation
QUESTION: Plaque index is used for what? A- track gingivitis progression
b–Track disease activity
C-to know plaque amount
79) Dental anxious child most likely reason- parents
80) Mild, moderate scoring- ordinal
81) Most aggressive periodontitis- max incisors and molars
82) Periodontal instruments angled at- 45 to 90 degrees
83) 1.5mm diastema, you put elastic bands around the tooth most likely result- teeth will become necrotic
84) Reason for selective occlusion reduction- balanced occlusion
85) Risks for BSSO- IAN nerve damage
86) Atropine- anticholinergic drug
87) Drug for treating motion sickness- scopolamine
88) After 3rd molar extraction patient asks for pain med – ibuprofen- due to anti inf effects.
89) Best radiograph for max sinus- waters
90) Newborn has two white macules on palate- newborn palatal cyst
91) IAN may infect which area- Pterygomandibular area
92) Fentanyl reversal- Naloxone
93) STRIDOR- laryngospasm- crow sound.
94) Osteoradionecrosis- damaged vascular supply
95) After stage two, implant is mobile – implant failure
96) Radio opacity with no complications- idiopathic osteosclerosis
97) Young patient with swollen bone showing radio opacity lines- Ewing’s sarcoma
98) Café- au- lait spots- neurofibromatosis
99) Warts- HPV
100) Oropharynx candida in HIV- systemic fluconazole. MICONAZOLE IS FLU NOT IN OPTION.
101) Most common leukemia in children- lymphocytic
100. Best case for general anesthesia – 2yr old with ECC
101. Resin cement dis colored on veneer- Bis-GMA
102. Right condyle fracture- unilateral growth with fractured side lagging
103. Impression material not enough for cast restoration- irreversible hydrocolloid
104. pressure heat vaporization, hardest to kill- Bacillus spore
105. which of the following not useful in finding orifice of canal- apex locator
106.you want to adjust VDO, what do you do? Take new VDO record and remount
107. free gingival graft at the molars, what makes it difficult- External oblique ridge
108. In RPD retentive clasp should be- passive
109. combination clasp- rigid arm and wrought wire combined
110. rubber dam will will leak if- close punched too close
111. etch and primer vs bonding system- etch and primer does not remove smear layer— etch + primer system does not remove smear layer compared to Etch and primer and bonding system
112. difference between fear and anxiety- fear is local, anxiety is generalized:
Difference between fear and anxiety-
a: fear is on something anxiety is everything (harder to treat) b: Fear decreases pain and anxiety increases pain
c: fear is painful, anxiety is a disease,
d: Fear is local, anxiety is generalized
113. test failed to diagnose 5 subject with disease- false negative
114. what effect the patient to choose dentist- family/friends recommendation:
What effect patient to choose dentist?
1) Location, 2) family/friend recommend 3) Dentist’s education..
115. posterior occlusion leveled with- ala tragus line: campers line.
116. mand 3rd molar disappears into? Submandibular space
117. overlapping proximal contacts- improper horizontal projection – incorrect vertical – elongation,
incorrect horizontal – overlap
118. gingivectomy contraindication- bottom of the pocket is apical to the mucogingival junction
119. what has decreased over the time in adults- edentulism
120. magnification of PANO- 15 to 30%
121. which is not important in resistance and retention for FPD- path of insertion
122. which is suppurative- actinomycoses
123. best way to manage fearful child- respect, positive reinforcement
124. digit habit works better- kids in primary dentition
125. risk of removing mylohyoid- lingual nerve damage
126. kid has viral fever, what pain killer will you prescribe? Acetaminophen
127. why do you make triangle access opening for central incisor- straight line access
128. people with different ethnic background- same threshold, difference tolerance
129. crown lengthening- ferule rule
130. functions of titanium in implants- forms oxide layer
131. temperature more that 47 degrees for implant osteotomy- cell necrosis
132. hex- anti rotational effect of implant
133. varicose vein- hypertension
134. trismus- masseteric space
135. major aphthous stomatitis
136. supernumerary tooth- initiation stage
137. in office bleaching complication- external cervical resorption
138. traumatic neuroma
139. empathy- no personal experience
140. NAOCl- no chelating
150. most undesirable characteristic of NAOCl- toxic to vital tissue
151. porcelain compressive strength- condensation
152. Widening of PDL – Osteosarcoma
153. revere occlusal table x-ray mistake- chin up
154. drug contraindicated in Asthma- NSAIDs
155. most recurrent cyst- OKC
156. beaten metal appearance- Crouzon syndrome
157. bacteria sticks to- Dextran
158. best tooth brushing technique- sulcular
159. trigeminal neuralgia- not before 30 years of age
160. porcelain crown cemented with- resin modified cement
161. perforation of max incisors- mesial
162. ZOE- good biological seal
163. Apexogenesis does not- revascularize pulp
164. abscess formation- several anerobic bacteria
165. altered cast technique- support
166. discoloration in injured tooth- blood pigment in dentinal tubules
167. most susceptible cell for radiation- stem cell