501. Pseudomembranous colitis (clindamycin)
502. Therapeutic effect (safety)
503. No to do w asthm – Give Oxygen?? – We can give oxygen in asthma (acute attack – give oxygen and albuterol / severe asthma ONLY – epinephrine) 0.3mg OF 1:1000 EPINEPHRINE SHOULD BE ADMINISTERED SUBCUTANEOUSLY
504. No contraindication w asthma – Nitrious oxide
505. Gingival graft contraindications (pocket below alveolar crest) – A FGG is used to increase the zone of attached gingiva and possibility of gaining root coverage. NOT used with DEEP WIDE RECESSIONS.
506. Gingival graft contraindicated when: a) pocket is below the alveolar crest b) pocket is below free gingival groove c) excessive keratinized tissue
507. Which LA is good without vasoconstrictor? Mepi
508. Bipolar disorder lithium (LITHIUM – current drug of choice to treat the MANIC PHASE of bipolar disorder)
509. On which receptors Epi works a1 a2 b1 b2. I choose a1 but not sure – We know it is all but it affects beta receptors predominantly.
510. Morphine overdose = naloxone
511. Porcelain porosity = Inadequate condensation
512. Unbundling – when doctor describes the whole treatment in different parts, separate charge code instead combine.
513. Most commonly used TCA Amitryptyline – AMITRIPTYLINE (ELAVlL) – the most widely used TRICYCLIC ANTI-DEPRESSANT to treat unipolar disorder (depression).
514. Cocaine produces vomiting by = activating CTZ in brain
515. Ques about H1 and H2 receptor –> H1 smooth muscle, H2 gastrointestinal
516. Down Syndrome – macroglossia
517. Ectodermal dysplasia= scarce hair
518. Patient smokes pipe and has red bumps on palate= Nicotine stomatitis (hard palate)
519. Arch discrepancy after loss of which tooth = Mand 2 nd molar – The premature loss of the mandibular primary canine reflects insufficient arch size in the anterior region.
520. Which is NOT used to inhibit salivary secretion = Pilocarpine
521. Osteogenesis imperfecta with = DI
522. Rapport active listening
523. Caries not depend on quantity of carbs
524. Radiograph id tip of the nose, external auditory meatus
525. Cavernous thrombosis infection via anterior triangle
526. Tooth mostly involved in perio relapse Max 2nd molar – Furcation involvement of maxillary 2nd molar has the poorest prognosis following therapy / Trifurcation on maxillary 1st molar are the most difficult of all to root plane (DD)
527. Warfarin test – INR/PT
528. Why you do not use fovea as indicator – it blocks minor salivary glands
529. Sausage like appearance on radiograph sialolithiasis or sialodenitis (I pick the first one, not sure) – SIALODOCHITIS: within the gland sausage-link appearance. Sialodochitis (also termed ductal sialadenitis), is inflammation of the duct system of a salivary gland.
530. Antiretraction valves prevent cross contamination (between patients)
531. Hepatitis A positive can checked by
a) HBcg b) HBSg group c) no treatment d) alkaline triphostate – (Hep A infection is identified by HAV-specific antibodies (IgM if acute, IgG if past disease)
532. Composite and bleaching wait 1 week before composite
533. Which is a characteristic of a gold inlay? A: Axial walls converge toward the pulpal floor
534. Ortho treatment before veneer placement
535. By having excess amount of monomer in acrylic can create excessive amounts of what: shrinkage
536. Dementia pt, which one the most challenging? 1-ext 2-denture is the ans 3-srp 4-amalgam
537. If you have 2 proximal cavities
a) you will fill smaller, prepare larger first ans
b) you will fill larger and prepare the smaller first
C) you will fill smaller and prepare the smaller first
d) you will fill the larger and prepare the larger first
538. Pin retained – Which statement is not correct? increasing in number of pin strengthen amalgam
539. Best biopsy for small bean sized white lesion? a) Incisional b) excisional is the ans c) brush
540. Steroid dose need medical consultant 20 mg for 2 weeks 2 year
541. Osteosarcoma = PDL widening
542. Patient presents with blow to face and horizontal fracture of a previously endodontically treated molar. The fracture is 2mm from the anatomical crown. What should the dentist do?
a. Treat root canal with Calcium Hydroxide
b. Place temporary crown and revisit in 3 months
d. Ext ans
543. Pt with MOD done 1 month ago, complained it hurt when he bits A) polymerization shrinkage B) leakage c ) cracked tooth is the ans
544. Most common Impacted tooth – Mandi 3m , maxi 3m, max canine
545. Ludwig angina spaces – Submand, Sublingual, Submental
546. Xerostomia due to medications
547. Most common cyst = periapical – RADICULAR CYST (APICAL PERIODONTAL CYST OR PERIAPICAL CYST) – MOST COMMON ODONTOGENIC CYST – BB
548. Warthin tumor which gland affects – parotid
549. Sulfur granules and lumpy jaw = actinomycosis
550. Most common infectious stage in syphilis – secondary
551. Hand and foot lesion which virus – coxsackievirus
552. REGIONAL ODONTODYSPLASIA: involves the hard tissues that are derived from both epithelia (enamel) and mesenchymal (dentin and cementum). The teeth in a region or quadrant of the maxilla or mandible are affected to the extent that they exhibit short roots, open apical foramina, and enlarged pulp chambers – ghost teeth. The cause is unknown and because of the poor quality of the affected teeth, their removal is usually indicated.
553. Which of these has pain same to tooth pain (hsv/VZV/max sinusitis) – Shingles (vzv) can mimic tooth ache.
554. How to differentiate ANUG from primary herpetic gingivostomatits – Intact interdental papillae in herpes
555. Question about lesion in eye has a name subnour something like this i picked phemphigus but it is mmp – The most common and feared diagnosis associated with symblepharon is Mucous Membrane Pemphigoid (MMP)
556. Cobblestone appearance – Papillary hyperplasia
557. Which taste bud affected in geographic tongue – Filliform
558. Multiple myeloma starts = bone pain
559. Not vasodilaltor = cocaine
560. Not a(alpha) blocker = metoprolol
561. No nitrious oxide = in 1 st trimester
562. Cooling while implant placement – The bone is prepared with special metallic burs driven at slow speeds with copious water- cooling
563. In implant preparation, which of the following can be used? A) hydroxyapatite irrigation b) High Speed Hand Piece c) Low torque d)Air Coolant
564. Crevicular fluid cells PMNs
565. Opioid= mu receptors
566. Full dentures clicking = increased VDO
567. Carcinoma vs carcinoma in situ = no invasion
568. Fungal infection = nystatin
569. Systemic fungal = fluconazole
570. Erythroplakia= carcinoma in situ – Like “leukoplakia”, ERYTHROPLAKIA has no histologic connotation, but most erythroplakias are histologically diagnosed as severe epithelial dysplasia, carcinoma in situ, or invasive squamous cell carcinoma. – DD
571. Open bite= LeFort 1
572. Most allergic metal = nickel
573. FRANKFORT-HORIZONTAL PLANE – constructed by drawing a line connecting PORION & ORBITALE.
574. Labiodental sounds and what do they determine? Labiodental sound (fricative)- f,v,ph, formed by maxillary incisor contacting the wet/dry line of mandibular lip. This sounds help determining the position of incisal edge of maxillary anterior teeth.
575. Open apex tx: Vital apexogenesis / Non vital apexification
576. Mouthguard= MPDS
577. Polyether= sticks to teeth
578. RPD connector fracture = do soldering
579. Traumatic neuroma= mental nerve region
580. Primary mand 2 nd resembles – permanent mandibular first molar
581. Access opening for mand molar – Trapezoid
582. MWF = reduce pocket LINING
583. No gingivoectomy = with thin gingiva (An adequate amount of attached gingiva must be present before a gingivectomy is done, otherwise the result will be an area with minimal or no attached gingiva.) – DD
584. Drug testing = clinical trials
585. Where you give GA? 2 year old kid needs lot of restoration
586. Fearful patient how you respond? intoduce tools or TSD
587. Introduce instruments and tools = Desensitization
588. Smokeless tobacco – verrucous carcinoma – verrucous carcinoma (Associated with smokeless tobacco habit).- DD
589. Fracture w paresthesia= angle of mandible
590. Minimum amount gutta percha left in canal after placement of post? 2 or 3 or 5 mm (IT’S 4mm).
591. Buccal-lingual bone width necessary for 4 mm implant. NO 6mm in options! I took 7mm.
592. Battery – Treatment without consent form
593. Pt with dialysis, when to do treatment? 1 day after dialysis
594. Harder area to floss – Mesial maxillary 1 pm
595. If open bite 8 mm, which kind of treatment do you do? Surgery, LeFort 1
596. Amalgam failure – THE CONTAMINATION OF THE AMALGAM BY MOISTURE DURING TRITURATION AND CONDENSATION IS UNQUEATIONABLE THE PRINCIPAL CAUSE OF FAILURES (DD).
597. Question about pigmentation in options was Neurofibromatosis and PreuzJeghers. Pay attention to cafe-au-late spots! Both have pigmentation, but only Neurof. has cafe-au late! – Café-au-lait found in VON RECKLINGHAUSEN’S DISEASE (NEUROFIBROMATOSIS) and Albright’s Syndrome (McCune-Albright Syndrome)
598. Osteoradionecrosis? More in mandible/ more in maxilla/ 42 gy? According to dd its more than 40 gry and more in mandible (controversial)
599. How treat root caries? Composite, amalgam, GIC
600. Best filling for class 5 – GIC